Who We Are?
The Pakistan Microfinance Network (PMN or ‘the Network’), the national association for retail players in the microfinance industry, was established as an informal group by industry practitioners in 1997, under the name Microfinance Group-Pakistan [MFG-P]. At the time, the group was focused on coordinating dialogue and lateral learning opportunities between members. Over time, with the increase in the nature and level of activities, and membership, the setup was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission [SECP] in April 2001 under the Companies Act. It has since been known as the Pakistan Microfinance Network. Currently the network strength stands at 44 Microfinance Providers including Microfinance Banks (regulated by SBP) and Non-Bank Microfinance companies (regulated by SECP).
Frontiers of Formal Financial Services reach out to all.
Support the financial sector, especially retail financial service providers, to enhance their scale, quality, diversity and sustainability in order to achieve inclusive financial services
Over the years, PMN has established itself as a knowledge center for the sector and has emerged as the first stop for information, data and analysis on microfinance and now increasingly on inclusive finance in Pakistan. Activities within this area include:
- Research and Publications
Holding events and roundtable discussions
- Data mining and business analytics
- Promoting benchmarks and international best practices on financial and social performance
As an industry body, PMN strives to work with different stakeholders to create and promote a healthy and vibrant environment for microfinance in Pakistan. It does so through:
- Interaction with policy maker and regulators such as Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and State Bank of Pakistan (SBP);
- Creating linkages with both bilateral and multi-lateral donors;
- Representing the sector at domestic and international forums;
- Building strategic partnerships with local and international stakeholders;
- Liaison with private and public-sector outfits to leverage expertise for various industry support infrastructure such as the Credit Bureau, Digitization of Microfinance, Consumer Protection Code & Grievance Redressal System;
- Building sector image and tackling negative perceptions through a professionally managed Communications and Public Relations strategy.
PMN continues to play an active and significant role in creating training, exposure and human resource development opportunities for the sector through:
- International and local trainings, and exposure visits under the umbrella of Center of Excellence initiative;
- Building linkages with academic institutions.
KPMG Taseer Hadi & Co. Chartered Accountants, Islamabad
Azam Chaudhry Law Associates (ACLA)